Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nausea...

Although it's been nearly 5 months since our wreck I still have moments of nausea. I still am constantly reminded of how close we came to losing everything. Whether it be watching an episode of greys where they are picking up bodies off the side of the road from a wreck or just simply driving in the darkness and seeing my headlights bounce off reflector poles, I still have nausea. Just recently I felt sick when during our DAILY conversations about the wreck Kailer says to me, 'Mom you know I wasn't buckled right?' I was astonished and said, 'yes you were honey, because otherwise you would have fallen out of the car.' He said, 'No mom, I put my arms in and buckled the top, but then didn't get the bottom buckled, so that's why my head hit the top of the car when we started rolling. I wasn't done buckling yet.' I literally felt sick to my stomach. What seemed like seconds after I had told him to get back into his seat, most likely was seconds. Now it makes sense to me, why he broke his collar bone. There was so much force on his shoulders and nothing anchoring him to his seat. To think I came so so close to loosing everything just makes me sick. Precious little things I've been blessed to still have in my presence...

2 comments:

  1. Dear sweetheart, you need to stop thinking negative,and start think positive,everything is alright and everyone is OK,you can not let it hunt you forever and make you sick every time you drive.you are strong and i know you will overcome this ,it takes time.Try to remember that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.Be strong and just try not to think about it,otherwise it will drive you crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a horribly scary thing to go through but I agree with Tatyana cut yourself some slack...we all have moments like this whether it's in the car or not...things happen that we can't control and you just have to take comfort in knowing that Heavenly Father is always there and it lies in His hands! Squeeze your kids tight every chance you get and find peace in knowing that whatever happens in this life you will get through it because you have the sweet reassurance of the Gospel! And for Kai to not be buckled and to have come through ok can leave no doubt that Heavenly Father is in charge! (But I can somewhat relate because after our intruder a few years ago I had massive anxiety and I am even still dealing with it...it's hard going through these types of things, but you can't let it take over. It's not good for you and it's not good for the kids and they feed off of your energy whether you realize it or not.) love ya!

    ReplyDelete