I love living in vegas and one of the many reasons I do is that there are so many festivities around xmas and halloween. There are so many, in fact, that we just couldn't do them all... We did get a chance to go to the cactus gardens (vegas' temple square) ha, with our dear friends. We followed it up with a great dinner at Marie Callenders... shout out to kids eat free on sat/tues!! Our lovely friends were even so kind to watch our kiddos for us while we went out afterwards. Rich got invited to an ortho doc's house for a xmas party. He had rotated with him and the doc was really fond of Rich. I kid you not, I'm so glad I wore my heels because we pulled up to the gated neighborhood in summerlin and the guy checked us in and said, 'pull ahead Mr. and Mrs. Holt, valet will take your car for you....' Valet? to his house??? Our diaper ridden minivan??? ha. Yes, it was that kind of a neighborhood, it was a 4 million dollar home like I have never been to before. It was catered, prime rib mind you, and it had a full bar! yey for us right!?! ha. He even had his own pianist and DJ that broke out some tunes as it got later. It gave us a glimps into a completely different lifestyle. It was fun to live it for an evening, but as the doc told us that night, as we were complementing him on his beautiful home, 'ah you don't want this, or need this. It's good that you have chosen the specialty that you have.' It was crazy to hear from someone that appeared to 'have it all' that really he didn't and knew better. Unfortunately his ex wife had overdosed and died and his 2 girls were in college. I'm sure his life wasn't easy and at first glance you might have though it was all glamerous. I had a feeling he threw parties at his home just to fill the emptyness. He was such a nice man who really seemed to have a great perspective on life and I really respected and appreciated that. I'm grateful for what I have :)Here's a few pics of temple square... ha
The ward party is always a treat and didn't dissapoint, sadly I only got a pic with Mei and santa :(
We went with Nate and Sarah to the bellagio to check it out. Sadly we didn't end up getting a pic with them! We love hangin with them, they are such a huge part of our lives here... to say we are going to miss them, would be an understatement...
My parents got a chance to come into town, which was so fun! We took the kids to bass pro and they always have fun activities for kiddos during the holidays. It's only the guys' favorite place to be...




My parents even brought an apple slicer and the kids made their own dehydrated apple slices. It was a huge hit with them :)
xmas shirts!
Kai drew a pic for santa of a ninja, complete with ninja stars and swords...




My parents even brought an apple slicer and the kids made their own dehydrated apple slices. It was a huge hit with them :)




No comments:
Post a Comment