Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh No You Didn't!!!!

Ok, so until about a month ago we hadn't really experienced any major terrible 2's tantrums. Some say age 3 is worse than 2, but we are definitely rolling with the constant highs and lows of our sometimes bipolar little man! Today there were a few things that went wrong. 1. Hungry 2. Tired (As he woke up 5 times last night, yes 5) 3. I only have 2 hands and 4. His paper fish came unglued as he was getting himself out of the car. So, he starts the meltdown in the garage because I can't carry him up the stairs while holding Meili and bags, not to mention the list above. I told him I would bring her upstairs and come back for him. That was not ok. By the time I get back downstairs, I thought he had hit the maximum meltdown phase. Little did I know that was yet to come. I asked him to wait in his room until he could come out happy and we could talk about what was wrong using our words. There was lots of yelling, screaming, jumping, things banging, and I had no idea what was going on. I waited for him to come out. He did after about 10 min. face tearstained and says "Mommy, I don't like the mess I made." Ok, that can't be good. This is what I found......

Before Meltdown

Peak Meltdown
Yes, that is a toddler mattress on the floor. For us this is extremely out of character. He is a very organized almost neurotic child who likes everything in order and in its place. I was shocked to say the least! At least he said he didn't like the mess he made! Chalk one up to the terrible 2's....

4 comments:

  1. OH my heck! You have got to be kidding me! Absolutely hilarious (from the outsiders perspective at least)! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilar! Reminds me of another little two year old I know...Brigs runs to his room and slams the door when he gets into trouble, it's actually humorous! Like a teenager or something lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy!!!! That's a lot of pent up frustration!!! Poor little man:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey cries so hard he drools huge loogies (sp?) and the nursery workers bring him to me because they can't handle watching him :) The clinic thinks he has been tortured because the last two times I was there (in the last two weeks) he did the same screaming, crying, shaking, drooling bit that is new to us also :) Hasn't torn the mattress of his bed yet, though, however it sounds like him and Kai could be good buddies!

    ReplyDelete