Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tristan's 1st birthday party :)

We celebrated Tristan's 1st right when we got home from zions. I did a block cake with 4 colored layers and decided to try my hand at cake pops, which also had different colored insides! It was actually a lot of fun for me :) I really enjoy being creative in that way. Everything turned out so cute. We just had a family party, which was super relaxed and low key. It was so much fun. Nate and sarah came over; it was a really great time.Kai and Mei were really great with him, they actually showed serious restraint when he was opening presents. Meili put her arm around him once and said 'Happy birthday Tristan!' In the sweetest baby voice. I don't remember Kailer and Meili being so into their 1st birthday. I feel like they were a little shocked and didn't really get what was going on. I felt like he was totally into ripping open his presents and then wanted his cars out immediately. Then when we were singing to him he was dancing and then clapped afterward. It was just so cute! He was all about his cake at first with just 1 finger and then it turned into both hands. He really got into it!He ate so much cake pop at a time he started gagging :)The he started feeding the kids and throwing chunks of cake on the floor. It was about time to get in the shower :)Now we just need to get a rebels outfit for Kai before we move :) thanks nate and sarah!Sarah took all my pictures for me, which was so nice. It's wonderful to be able to enjoy without worrying about pictures The loot :) He was thrilled with his cars and ball. So simple, but so right up his alley, and I of course was thrilled with the clothes ;)

So fun and so perfect :)

2 comments:

  1. THESE PICTURES ARE AWESOME! DID YOU BAKE THE CAKE??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Yes I did it was so much fun:). Hope u r well :)

    ReplyDelete