Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We made it!

After nearly 20+ hrs of combined driving time we finally made it to our destination. My sister Brenda lives in Minneapolis and we wanted to come up for my nephew Ben's graduation. He is such an awesome kid and will be amazing at whatever he chooses to do with his life. He was so cute and bought Meili an angry birds T and Kai a new Minnesota twins Baseball T, boy does he have them pegged! They went fishing together, played baseball, and shot off rockets. It was so fun to spend time with him :)My sisters thought it would be fun to drag me out on one of their morning runs around the lake. When I say drag I do mean DrAg! I was so slow! Running is definitely not my thing, but I absolutely loved spending that time with them, it was so fun. If we all lived by eachother I would do it all the time. We spent time playing cards, roasting mallows, and taking walks. I love them so much! It was soooo great to all be together :)It's been almost 2 yrs since I had seen Den and it was so great to see he and Tony again. It was so fun to see him with the kids. They loved playing ball and playing treehouse with him :) He even caught a couple of snoozes with Tristan... So fun to see them again!Aunt Brenda's place is awesome. The kids had a beautiful back yard to roam in, flowers to pick, and rhubarb crisp to make! The kids loved helping out and loving on her and cousins Mikey & Lauren (when she could spare a minute from the boys...) :)We love the Mall of America, it's literally 10 min from my sister's place. We also spent some time eating out at great places and an awesome icecream place. The kids ran their hearts out at shoots and ladders park and the park by the lake within walking distance from Aunt Brenda's. We spent a night camping at Lake Itasca. It is about an hr from where I was born and grew up. It is so beautiful and green, but full of misquitoes! Rich was eaten alive once again, no surprise there! There are trees and lakes everywhere and tons of fishing to be had. Kai got a perch and Rich finally got his Northerns! He was quite satisfied :) Camping wouldn't be camping without marshmallow guns... And Meili even found a huge toad that she totally kissed! They were pretty cute with it, but for it's own safety, we made them let it go :) The kids slept in the tent with Rich and Mike and had an absolute blast! I even was able to arrange a visit from one of my best friends when I lived in Bemidji. Katie and her family stopped by to have dinner with us and we took a couple of pics. It was awesome to catch up with her and her fam :)Lastly, we stopped at the Headwaters of the Mississippi River. The kids waded in the water and Kai actually slipped and did a little more than wading, he had himself a little swim. They loved playing in it, but Kai got a little chilled and was getting eaten by misquitoes. So after Den and Tony helped my mom cross the slippery rocks to the other side, we headed out.

I am absolutely so happy with our trip to MN. My parents were so great to let us tag along with them and put up with our traveled out kids. By the end we were definitely ready to be home, but made so many fun family memories and it was so great to be with all of my siblings (Daniel you'd better make it next time). We are so blessed to be in this family together and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment