My brother arranged to come home early on the day of my mom's birthday. It happened over a weekend, so we thought we would tempt fate and sneak up to slc and see Daniel surprise my mom without having this baby! It was tricky once we all got to the airport trying to stay hidden from my mom. She is the most informed person in our family and it is super hard to surprise her with anything! When Deanna and her husband were driving to the airport they ended up getting on the freeway and merging right next to my mom and dad, they pretty much followed them to the airport, so lucky mom mom didn't see them! She walked right past Kailer and his cousins and he hollered, 'Hey its grandma Jan!' She didn't hear or see him and kept walking, thank goodness! Then my sister and I were hiding in a little shop and she started to walk in. I was on the phone with my other sister at the time and told her to call my dad and get them out of the shop! It was craziness, we almost ruined the whole operation 3 times. The look on her face was priceless when she saw him coming down the escalator because she thought she was there to pick up my sister from MN, who was next to him. She could not believe it... Lots of tears and shaking! It literally took her all weekend to grasp the idea. Needless to say I did not have the baby even through the 6 hr canyon drives, and no I did not tell my doctor, she would not have approved I'm sure :) It was so fun to hang out with my 3 sisters and Daniel for the weekend. It definitely was worth the quick weekend trip up.In other news, before we left we did a cute little st patricks day celebration with the kids. Lucky the leprachon decided to pee in our toilet and make our milk green. He also shared some of his loot from the end of the rainbow with us :) The kids loved it and mommy is still eating the chocolate :)
My friend Katherine was so sweet to throw me a little baby shower party and she even made this cute diaper cake for me. It was a great evening of icecream and ladies I love :) I have such great friends, thanks Katherine :)
I also had my sister take some pregnancy photos while we were visiting in Ut. I've never really done this before, but I think they turned out pretty cute :)
My 3 sisters are so cute I really had no idea they were planning anything for me. They totally made me a diaper cake and stuffed it full of tons of cute baby things! I got a couple really cute outfits and Michelle made me a minke blanket, which is more my size than the babies, I may be stealing it for myself... and Deanna made me a car seat cover, which I love :) They were so thoughtful and totally caught me off gaurd. I'm so grateful for them and love them so much :) Thanks guys
Lastly, Nate and Sarah took the kids to monster jam to watch monster trucks over the weekend and they had such a blast. They literally did not get to bed until 11:30 that night. Kai could not stop talking about the trucks and did not sit down the entire time that trucks were moving. He could not even contain his excitement. Meili thought it was loud, but wore here ear protectors and ate candy :) So, she was happy and had no 2 yr old fits for Nate and Sarah! The evening was a huge hit with them, they love Nate and Sarah so much, they get so spoiled! Rich and I had a much needed date together. We went and ate at Bj's and had wonderful food that we got to thouroughly enjoy, then went to a movie I loved! The adjustment beauro was definitely more of a chick flick than it was advertised as and I loved it! More importantly Rich and I got to spend quality alone time together, it was a great evening for everyone involved :) Thanks Nate and Sarah you guys are great!
This shall be my last post before the baby announcement post! I am very excited and ready :) I wanted things to happen naturally, but I don't want to go past my due date, so on my appt wed we will be having a little discussion because this baby doesn't want to come out for some reason and my due date is the 3rd, so wish us luck :)




Have you figured out any names Yet?
ReplyDeleteYou were brave to come but you are lucky to never have prego problems and who could of missed there brothers homecoming! Hope to hear some baby news soon:)
I was crying hard at that video!!! Awesome !!!
ReplyDelete