Now, on to more important things! We are getting ready for Halloween and the costumes are finally finished!! Yes, the big bad wolf and little red will be parading around in style! I made literally every inch of their costumes and they turned out super cute. Here's a sneak peek of what's to come! 

In fitting with the Halloween spirit we took the kids to the pumpkin patch here in town. It was a mini carnival with some cute little kiddie rides. Kailer totally soaked it up. He rode the swings, a pirate boat, a petting zoo, bounce houses, a train ride, and spinning boats. After the spinning boats he was so dizzy he started freaking out screaming, "I'm falling! I'm falling!" His world was spinning so much he couldn't walk straight, but he loved it and wanted to go again. 




We also got a couple of pumpkins for the kids to paint, but really Kailer painted both of them. He did a great job and was super proud of his work!
Here's his cowboy outfit for the ward party, yeehaw! He said to me a couple of days later, "Mom, you remember that cowboy party? I wanna do another one of those!"
Here's a few more tid bits, Kai has now become "the ipod boy". Rich got a new ipod touch for clinicals, which we all love :) If you have one you know how cool they are. He downloaded a bunch of free educational apps for Kai and he plays it when he gets home. He said to us the other day, "Mom, I'm just 'ipoding' right now." or "Mom, I really need to 'ipod' " As if it were adjective :) Love IT!
Also, we moved Meili out of our bedroom (she has been sleeping next to our bed in a crib for the last year). Kailer was super excited to have a roomate, but she was a bit confused. She did ok, but then they spent about a half hour talking and laughing together, it was actually really cute. Kai even came out to tell me, "Mom, Meili's not laying her head down!" It is so nice to have our bedroom back, but I have to admit I got kind of used to her being there and it seemed a bit empty after moving her. I keep telling myself, CHANGE is good! Although, CHANGE means my baby is growing up! Here's a pic of their first night together, aren't they sweet :)
Lastly, we went on our first bikeride tonight. This was a first for Meili and Kailer didn't seem to remember doing it last year, but they loved it so much I bet we will end up doing it almost every night! Kailer didn't want Rich to stop peddling even on the downhill and Meili took her binki out several times to clap and giggle! They were even holding hands in the carriage. It was so cute and so much fun.
Ok, another fetish of his lately are bacugans. Not really sure what they are or who came up with them, but they are a hit in this household. He now has, count them, 4.
His first baseball game was on Saturday and he was totally into it. He hit the ball a pretty good distance, twice and made it all around, which isn't hard to do in T-ball. He got the ball once and threw it to first, but the runner beat him out. More importantly though, he thoroughly enjoys every minute of it! Go KAI!


11 years ago




So cute! Thanks for the nursing cover info. My sister and I both got one. Thanks! Jennie
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! That picture of him with his hands on his knees is ADORABLE! want to squeeze his little face off :)
ReplyDelete