Sunday, September 27, 2009

VACATION!!!!

First off, I love going on vacation, because I don't have to do anything!!! Someone else feeds us, entertains us, and cleans up after us! We got to go to Zions over the weekend, staying in a hotel thurs and friday night. It was so nice just to let the kids run our schedule. When they were hungry we ate, when he wanted to hike, we hiked! When he wanted to swim we swam! Each night they were both asleep within 2 min of when they hit the pillows! We had 2 very full days, we got 3 decent hikes in, lots of swimming, an animal museum, apple picking, and lots of great food. We even heard elk bugling at each other and got to feed ostriches! It was so great to be able to give undivided attention to both kids at all times. I must share a few quotes from the man himself. We were in the car driving to a hike and we were talking about staying over night in the hotel. He says "Yeah, someday when I growed bigger I'm gonna lib in that hotel, and I'm gonna lib without you mommy and without you daddy. Then I will get in my car and buckle and dribe to you and pick you up in my car to see me." OK! STOP RIGHT THERE! My 3 year old just expressed way to much independence for me to handle!!! I got all teary eyed cause I couldn't believe that he was already thinking about leaving me! I said, "Oh, Kai :( " He said, "Don't worry Mom, I will always come pick you up." That's right future daughter in law, HE WILL ALWAYS COME PICK ME UP!!! Anyway, he was a total crack up, we so enjoy his spunky personality. On our last day after we had just gotten done picking apples in the orchard we were all sitting on the lawn eating ice cream and he says, "Mom, We sure enjoyed it here." OK!!! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Not to mention that that sounded like it came from the mouth of a 10 yr old. Love it, Love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment