Monday, August 3, 2009

Green Valley Ranch

We spent last week swimming everyday at Green Valley Ranch's private resort pool. It had a sandy beach that was a gradual decline. Kai coud wade into it; he had such a blast! He loved playing in the sand and swam his heart out everyday. He's turned out to be quite the swimmer. Although, it has been proven that he cannot successfully do it on his own, he can swim about 6 strokes with his head underwater holding his breath. The problem becomes when he needs to come up for air. He is doing well and we are continually working with him. I can officially say, NO more floaties for us! It's awesome, but it really just means that I have to be more on my guard now. He is a cautious child, so he won't just bail off the edge, but if he gets pushed or falls in we would have a problem. There are a lot of swimming related deaths here with toddlers and it is a continual reminder for me to be watching him. Meili enjoyed it too after the initial need to eat the sand every chance she got. She loved to stand at the edge of the pool with me holding her hands and lean into the water pretending to jump. I let her head get wet and she would hold her breath for a second. It didn't seem to phase her. I have true water babies. We so enjoyed last week and we're grateful for our many friendships and opportunities here!



1 comment:

  1. How fun! I have always wanted to hit that pool! Nice to add some variety :) Your kids really seem like little fish! Lucky mom! :)

    ReplyDelete