Monday, November 2, 2009

HALLOWEEN!!!

New slide show pics!!! Check 'em out!It seems like we have been celebrating Halloween all month! The kids have worn their costumes about 5 times! This week we had a Halloween party with Kailer's preschool friends. Preschool was at our house this week and we had everyone dress up in their costumes. The kids loved it! We went to the temple this weekend and traded off with the kids outside the temple. It definately took some effort, but we were so grateful that we could go and enjoy the spirit there. Here's a few shots of the kids in their festive colors :)
Since I was feeling festive, I even tried my hand at orange pancakes in the shapes of pumpkins, ghosts, and spiders. I'm thankful I have a detail oriented son who appreciates my efforts! He was so excited he could hardly contain himself :) Rich didn't really want to dress up this year, but Kailer so wanted us to be the Grandma and the Hunter for little red riding hood and the BIG BAD wolf! So, we dressed up for him at home once. On Halloween night we went to 2 different malls and walked from store to store getting candy. Meili learned to say trick or treat in one evening saying, "tit tit teet!" She would hold up her basket for candy and then immediately stop, get it out, and put it in her mouth. It was hard to keep her walking! She was a sticky mess by the end of the night. Kai was so hammered after the first mall, he and Meili fell asleep in the car. We let them have a half hour nap and then on with the trick or treating at the next mall! He loved it so much, he woke up happy from his nap, which is not ever the case! We were able to get rid of all our old candy and I only ended up with a half gallon of good stuff :) Yeah baby. I'm actually sad to pack up the Halloween stuff this year because they had so much fun with it. Kailer loved being bad. Everyone would say "Ohh, you're so cute" and he'd say, "I'm not cute, I'm scary! GRRRR!" We even had 2 people stop us and ask if they could take a picture of Meili. Random right? It was super fun and can't wait for next year! I guess it's on to Christmas now, at least that's what all the tv commercials are saying!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I would have been one of those weird people stopping you to take pictures of your kids because I think they are the cutest things in the whole world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family costume! You guys looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's just say your lucky I'm not down there right now cuz I would probably squeeze them so hard...eww! I love their cuteness! Can't wait to see you guys! Lucky for me I won't have to make costumes. I can use your since I have zilch creativity in my bones:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your costumes. You and Richard look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. H, I can't wait until we see you. That Little Red Riding Hood motif was super cute! Though, in all honesty, you just can't pull off the grandma thing, dude. Keep rockin' and stop the little ones from growing up too fast before uncle Ben comes to town. Hang looses dudes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Heather!! Your kiddos are so beautiful...it makes me just want to pinch their cheeks off. Love your music too...I turn your blog on during the day when I am doing housework, so I can listen to it and look at your kiddos every once in a while...love you....shelly!

    ReplyDelete