Rich turned 29 on Sunday, so we suprised him on Friday with cupcakes and a couple gifts, I got him a new watch with a second hand on it for clinicals and a mission quilt that I have been making secretly for months now. I scanned in photos of his mission and printed them onto fabric paper and sewed it in blocks. Let me tell you it is really hard to keep something that big a secret for that long! Kailer ratted me out about the cupcakes a day before and I'm so suprised he didn't tell him about the quilt. I had been working on it mostly at night while Rich was gone studying. The other night I was pinning it on the floor and he came home without telling me. I quick rolled it up and threw it behind the piano before he came up the stairwell. I had black yarn, batting, and fuzz from the backing all out on the floor and I quick threw our big area rug over top of my mess and immediatly started turning lights off to hide the mess. I swear sometimes men can be so oblivious. The rug obviously wasn't in the right spot and I was in a hurry to get him to bed and out of the living room so he wouldn't notice! Didn't matter, he didn't notice a thing. We had a good laugh about that later. I think it turned out really great, he loved it and was super suprised. Happy Birthday babe! You only have one good year left in ya before the downhill slide starts! Better make it a good one! We love our Daddy!
11 years ago




I love this picture with Kailer on richard's back and Meili at the bottom so cute.
ReplyDeleteWOW, that's a huge quilt; no wonder it took so much time! Awesome job! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteThe quilt turned out AWESOME Heather! Great job!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys to pieces!
ReplyDelete