Thursday, September 4, 2008

Meili Anne Holt

My last appointment was on Wednesday September 3rd. I was already 2 days overdue and Dr. Juarez said the hospital could induce me at 7:30 that evening. I was nervous and excited all afternoon. We checked in at 7:30pm, but didn’t get taken back until 9:00pm. Aunt Deanna and Grandma Schroeder got to be there, as well as Grandpa Holt who drove down to Henderson from Price. I finally got started on the Pitocin drip at 9:30pm. They started it at 4 and gradually increased it to 8. At 10:00 the nurse came in and broke my water as well as put a monitor on the top of her head. Then the real contractions started. They were really intense to the point where I was getting leg shakes. By 11:00pm I couldn’t handle it anymore and got the epidural at that time, and not a moment too soon. I remember having really strong contractions during the time when the anesthesiologist was telling me to relax and keep my shoulders down. It is very hard to relax when you're having contractions. The epidural quickly took effect and around 12:00am the nurse checked me and said I was a 10 and ready to push. Dr. Juarez was already there and ready. I pushed 6 times, 2 sets of three and in about 5 minutes she was out with the cord wrapped around her ankles a couple of times! I had a small episiotomy. Everything went really well. Her apgar scores were 8/8. They said her coloring was blue and that took her score down to an 8. She was born in Henderson @ St. Rose Delima on September 4th at 12:23 am. Weighing in at 6lbs 8 oz and 18 inches long. We stayed in the hospital until Friday afternoon and took came home at that time. Everything went so quickly as compared to an all day affair with Kailer. I healed quickly, as well. Grandma Schroeder stayed with us all of the next week and helped us get on a schedule. The first few nights were really hard, as her days and nights were all mixed up. We were up a couple of nights from midnight to 5! Not very much fun for us! After a couple of days she only woke up twice overnight and I was feeling much better. She's a great nurser and I feel like I can never satisfy her endless appetite!


what a beautiful couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment